As far as I know, there are a few different master nodes:
- Hadoop master node.
- Elastic search master node.
Currently we can use the following syntax in ansible/config/hosts to set hadoop master:
How do we make a node elastic search master node?
During one of long import jobs on master node, the import failed after some time. This seems to be related to master node change during importing (not sure why this has happened).
I have a couple of questions regarding elastic search master node:
- Does index import has to be through master node?
- Is it recommended to set elastic search master node? How do we make a node as master node in ansible playbook?
On my cluster, I made the following change manually.
- On first node, change /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml
- On other nodes, change /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml